This unit can be a single or dual person module, it is very light and constructed from a plastic pallet base (4-way forklift access) and pre-manufactured/finished steel and insulated panels and is meant to be installed in any location – outdoors and indoors. The units can be stand-alone or grouped together for large volume screening and testing.
Designed to physically and safely separate the front-line testing administrator from the patient being tested or screened, providing greater safety for health workers and reducing the need to replace valuable PPE after each COVID-19 test is administered.
The pod is manufactured in North America within 2-3 weeks, and can readily be shipped by highway, marine and rail transport to get to destinations.
The Mobile COVID-19 Screening and Testing Pod can be purchased or leased.
- One 20-foot unit can test up to 576 people every 12 hours*
- In a 7-day week, up to 4,032 people can be tested
- One 40-foot unit can test up to 1,296 people every 12 hours*
- In a 7-day week, 9,072 people can be tested
*(based on five-minute testing intervals)
- Utilizing modular construction methods, PCL Construction manufactures and assembles the pods in North America by retrofitting new 20-foot and 40-foot shipping containers to support rapid delivery and installation. These units are designed and built to hospital isolation room standards.
- Heating, air-conditioning, including high efficiency particulate HEPA filters for mechanical ventilation units are standard features.
- Pods are fully insulated (doors, walls and roof) with spray loom insulation (higher r-value per inch over conventional insulation)
- Cladding is prefinished steel panels (non-combustible, all joints between panels are welded, vandal resistant and do not promote mold growth).
THE TECH PACKAGE
The Citizen Care Pod is equipped with a suite of intelligent, customizable technologies powered by the trusted Microsoft Azure platform and Azure AI, to enable a safe and secure testing environment for patients and front-line healthcare workers. The core package of technology includes:
- Job Site Insights™, PCL’s smart Internet of Things (IoT) construction platform powered by Microsoft Azure and Azure IoT, monitors climate conditions such as temperature, pressure, and humidity within the pod and has the ability to provide notification if thresholds are exceeded.
- Insight’s Connected Platform for Detection and Prevention, powered by Microsoft Azure, enables health workers to monitor wait times and crowd sizing via a single intelligent dashboard to support smarter, safer staffing and supplies. Insight’s Connected Platform unifies data from smart sensors, cameras, devices, and third-party applications that provide the real-time insights required to detect and prevent health risks among large social gatherings.
The Citizen Care Pod does not store personally identifiable information. Healthcare information remains anonymous to maintain patient privacy.
Rapid Manufacturing Capabilities
UNITS PRODUCED AND DELIVERED WITHIN 3 WEEKS!
With 31 operational centers across North America, PCL has unique capability to leverage our decades of expertise in modular construction to help our clients meet the CITIZEN CARE POD demand.