Hover your cursor over the image to explore the model
- High-quality portable classroom constructed to provide teachers and students with a comfortable and safe learning environment suitable for all weather situations as they return to schools, colleges and universities.
- Safety for the teachers and students is designed into the unit along with comfort and durability.
- Functions like a classroom portable, but with the added advantage of being equipped with HVAC systems with high efficiency particulate air (HEPA) filters for the mechanical (ventilation) units, and other safety features.
- Ideal for class sizes of up to 15 students.
Additional COVID-19 features include:
- Electrical rough-ins for temperature cameras
- UV LED disinfection lights
- Wall and door finishes that are easy to clean and disinfect
- Large operable windows for natural ventilation
- Separate entrance and exit points for the teachers and students.
- UV lights and UV napsack/gag cleaner
- Built-in hand sanitizer stations
- Cameras for temperature screening
- The pod is manufactured in North America within 2-3 weeks, and can readily be shipped by highway, marine and rail transport to get to destinations.
- The Education Pod can be purchased or leased.
- Utilizing modular construction methods, PCL Construction manufactures and assembles the pods in North America by retrofitting new 20-foot and 40-foot shipping containers to support rapid delivery and installation.
- Heating, air-conditioning, including high-efficiency particulate HEPA filters for mechanical ventilation units are standard features.
- Pods are fully insulated (doors, walls and roof) with spray loom insulation (higher r-value per inch over conventional insulation).
- Cladding is prefinished steel panels (non-combustible, all joints between panels are welded, vandal-resistant and do not promote mold growth).
- A true plug-and-play solution, the Citizen Care Pod can be installed with a forklift or positioned in place from a flatbed truck and only requires a separate AC power connection for air conditioning and electric heating. The option of a rooftop solar array and batteries is available to operate low voltage equipment and devices.
- The pods can be positioned low to the ground to reduce the size and length of barrier-free ramps.
How can we help you?
Connect with us to find out the best solution for your business.