Vancouver International Airport (YVR)
YVR partnered with the University of British Columbia and WestJet to create a voluntary testing and surveillance plan that could be established and replicated by other airports or travel authorities. The plan would require the travelling public to volunteer to be tested and assessed as part of their travel plans. For this plan to work they would require a separate and safe space to process these volunteers.
YVR looked for a possible solution with Citizen Care Health Solutions™ and investigated the possibility for customization and modifications to meet their requirements.
Citizen Care Health Solutions™, in partnership with PCL, provided a modified 40’ Smart Screening & Testing Pod (SSTP) to YVR to manage this volunteered study and prepare their back to the travel plan.
The SSTP unit was modified to both administer tests and perform evaluations from the exterior of the pod, but also allow volunteers to enter the pod during phase one trial of the process.
In phase two trials, they would be administering tests and evaluations from the exterior only. The SSTP pod could accomplish both.
- Client provided Citizen Care with a brief
- Citizen Care provided options, with an adaptable interior for future growth
- Citizen Care developed a modified Pod
- Delivered to the site of an active airport within 3 weeks
- Citizen Care coordinated pod modifications, logistics, and delivery arrangements
- PCL’s local office provided the client with a full installation setup
- Onsite customization was also provided for accessibility ramps, canopies, and signage as required by the client and local regulations
Talk to someone from our team to discuss how we can make your workplace safe.